USC has licensed CLC Gx for the free use of USC faculty, students and staff. The license consists of TWO concurrent user seats.
There are two ways to access CLC Gx:
- On your own lab/office computers
- Minimum hardware requirement for general use: 16GB RAM and Intel i7-2600 or faster processor.
- Minimum hardware requirement for de novo assembly, metagenomics, and raw reads alignment:: 32GB RAM and Intel i7-6700 or faster processor.
- The computer must be connected to USC network with an Ethernet cable and has a fixed USC IP address. The wireless connection will not work.
- Mandatory registration is required for installing CLC Gx on your computer. Please submit the Local Installation Request Form.
- On workstation computers in the libraries
- The software has been installed on multiple workstation computers:
- Norris Medical Library (RM203A), the Health Sciences Campus.
- Wilson Dental Library, the University Park Campus.
- Equipped with dual-CPU and 512GB RAM, one of our workstation computers is configured specifically to handle large data set and computationally intensive tasks such as de novo genome assembly and sequencing alignment.
- All USC users can freely access the software on our workstation computers.
- First-time users of CLC Gx on our workstation computers must complete the Workstation Request Form.
- All users planning to analyze large datasets (total raw datasets exceeds 100GB) must complete the Large Dataset Analysis Request Form
All users must carefully read and comply with the CLC Gx User Access Policy