. . .Skip to main content
Welcome to Nursing@USC!
Additional resources can be found in the following library guides:
ARES is our electronic course reserve system. Many (but not all!) of your course readings are in ARES.
To add your course, or see if you have an ARES component of your course, follow these steps:
1. Go to ARES.
2. Select SEARCH COURSES from the side menu.
3. Search by department! Search for Nursing, and click GO. Most of your courses are listed under Nursing, but try searching Social Work if you don't see your courses listed under Nursing.
4. You'll see a list of all Nursing (or Social Work) courses. Add the course you need with the green plus sign.
5. You're done!
IMPORTANT NOTE: You won't see your individual course instructor listed. Only the lead instructor is listed. That's because all sections of a course use the same readings, so just add the course with the same course number (like NURS 502).
InterLibrary Loan and Document Delivery are free services you can use to borrow entire books, book chapters, or articles that USC does not have in electronic format or does not own at all.
Follow these steps:
1. Go to InterLibrary Loan from the USC Libraries homepage.
2. Choose USC Libraries ILLIAD (this will let you request materials from both USC Libraries and Health Sciences Libraries).
3. The first time you use InterLibrary Loan, you will be prompted to complete a form with your personal information.
4. Watch the video below for detailed instructions on how to order materials!