Genevestigator is a high performance search engine for gene expression. It integrates thousands of manually curated public microarray experiments and nicely visualizes gene expression across different biological contexts (diseases, drugs, tissues, etc.).
- Functional genomics: Use Meta-Profile Analysis to compare independent microarray experiments and explore expression patterns of user gene(s) under specific biological conditions
- Biomarker discovery and validation: Identify genes specifically expressed in given test conditions vs. user specified control conditions
- Find Reference genes for qPCR: Ad hoc search of the most stably-expressed genes according to user specified conditions
- Gene modules and network analysis: Use Bi-clustering Analysis to identify co-expressed genes under various experimental conditions
Genevestigator contains manually curated high-quality microarray expression data from a diverse biological context.
- Comprehensive database: Covering 15 organisms (including many plant species) and > 108,000 microarray samples
- Normalized data: Allowing meta-analysis of independent datasets
- Manually-curated ontology: Data are manually curated for anatomy, development, conditions, genotypes, and neoplasm status. Stringent Q/C applied.
Access Genevestigator @ USC
USC has licensed Genevestigator for the free use and unlimited access of USC faculty, students and staff. To get your Genevestigator account, complete and submit the Genevestigator registration form. Activate your account following the link in the confirmation email sent by Genevestigator (may take 1-2 days).
- What is Genevestigator?
- What Genevestigator can do for you? See some screenshots and application examples
- Learn more about the database content
- Genevestigator video tutorials
Help @ Genevestigator
Help @ NML Bioinformatics