Ingenuity Pathway Analysis (IPA) is a web-based functional analysis tool for comprehensive omic data.
Making Sense of Your Omics Data
- Identify the most relavant signaling and metabolic pathways, molecular networks, and biological functions for list of genes
- Predict the direction of downstream effects on biological and disease processes
- Predict the activation and inhibition of upstream transcription factors
- Compare affected pathways and phenotypes across multiple testing conditions
Search and Explore Biological and Chemical Knowledge
- Quickly gain knowledge on genes and chemicals by browsing categorized and curated publications
- Dynamically build and explore bio-molecule interaction networks supported by literature findings
- Identify potential biological impacts of custom networks
- Generate testable hypothesis for your genes of interest
Why use IPA?
IPA is one of the best functional analysis and knowledge discovery tool. It is widely used by the life science community.
- Up-to-date high quality knowledgebase manually curated by PhD scientists
- Search for targeted information on genes, proteins, chemicals, and drugs
- Extensive library of well-characterized signaling and metabolic pathways offer a starting point for exploration and a bridge between novel discovery and known biology. Layer in novel insights, drugs, and 'omics data.
- Direct import of gene lists from microarray analysis software such as Partek Genomics Suite (PGS).
- Extensive knowledge database on model organisms human, mouse, rat and canine. Additional species supported via ortholog mapping.
- Easy and flexible collaboration and results sharing.
Access IPA @ USC
USC has licensed IPA for the free use of USC faculty, students and staff. The license consists of THREE concurrent user seats. To get your IPA account:
- Carefully check out the IPA user policy
- Fill out the IPA registration form
- Activate your account following the link in the confirmation email sent out by Ingenuity (may take 1-2 days)
- Log in here to use IPA
IPA has great video tutorials to get you started smoothly. We strongly recommend you start here.
- Log into IPA here
- Go to Help > Tutorials > Recorded tutorials
- We recommend you start with these two videos: "Search and Explore" and "Data Analysis"
Help @ Ingenuity Systems
- Live chat
- Check out the online help page (log in required) for a wealth of useful information, including case studies, white pages and FAQs
- Contact Ingenuity support
- by phone: 866.464.3684 (6am - 5pm PST)
- by email: email@example.com
- Webinars: check schedules
Help @ NML Bioinformatics
- Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Request an in-person consultation: consultation form
- Onsite training: check schedules