Featuring the world’s largest collection of curated and pre-analyzed public ‘omics data, Nextbio's Research and Translational Medicine Ecosystem is a web-based discovery platform that provides a practical way to mine vast quantities of complex biological, clinical and literature data.
Advanced literature search and study
- Defined literature, news and clinical trials search with an distinct search algorithm that summarize searched results into categorized text-mining tags for quick explore.
- Speed reading with matching sentences/paragraphs search and section search on > 3.5million Elsevier full-text journal articles
Genomic data mining and meta-analysis
- Gene Query – Determine how genes ‘behave’ across the vast data landscape.
- Data Query – Discover how your own data correlates to all other studies in NextBio.
- Pathway Query – Uncover functional relationships and dysregulated disease pathways.
- Body Atlas – Obtain overviews of gene, pathway and signature queries in normal tissue and cell line atlases.
- Disease Atlas – Find diseases, traits and conditions associated with a queried gene, SNP, or data set.
- Pharmaco Atlas –Discover compounds and treatments that affect a queried gene or data set.
- Knockdown Atlas –See which genetic perturbations affect a queried gene or data set
- Data Import – Learn how to bring your own data sets in for correlation.
- Meta-Analysis Query – Combine datasets and data types for deeper hypothesis generation and validation.
- Collaboration – See how NextBio Groups, Projects and Bookmarks open collaborative analysis.
Access Nextbio @ USC
USC has licensed Nextbio for the free use of USC faculty, students and staff. The license consists of unlimited access to USC users. To get your Nextbio account:
- Carefully check out the Nextbio user policy
- Fill out the Nextbio registration form
- Activate your account following the link in the confirmation email sent out by Nextbio (may take 1-2 days)
- Log in here to use Nextbio
Nextbio features an intuitive web-based interface. Watch these short video tutorials to quickly get started.
- Using NextBio to explore a gene
- Exploring the experimental details behind NextBio results
- NextBio queries using biosets
- Clinical Trials and Meta-analysis in NextBio
Help @ Nextbio
- Check out the FAQ page for comprehensive list of topics
- Contact Nextbio support
- by phone: 888.399.5917
- Online contact form
Help @ NML Bioinformatics
- Email us: email@example.com
- Request an in-person consultation: consultation form
- Onsite training: check schedules