Do you have questions on:
- Where to get sequence/annotation of specific miRNAs?
- How to determine differentially expressed miRNAs from high-throughput experiments?
- How to find out the mRNA targets for specific miRNAs?
- What are the functions of my interested miRNAs?
- How to integrate miRNA expression with mRNA expression data?
- What transcription factors might regulate the expression of specific miRNAs?
Essential Tools for Functional Analysis of miRNA Data workshop
Is designed as a two-hour workshop to specifically address the above questions and more. In addition to survey an array of miRNA functional study databases and tools, the workshop provides side-by-side comparisons from methodology to usability of the most popular tools. Through question-lead presentation and live demos, users will learn the variety of available bioinformatics tools that may facilitate your own research.
Overview of miRNA function and biogenesis
Search and retrieve miRNA sequence and annotation
Identify computationally predicted and experimentally validated miRNA targets
Identify differentially expressed miRNAs from high-throughput profilings
Explore Gene Ontology/pathway/function changes potentially affected by differentially expressed miRNAs
Integrate miRNA and mRNA expression profiles
All-in-one pineline analysis tools
Identify transcription factors that potentially regulate the expression of miRNAs
Time and Location
The workshop will be offered twice at the following times:
- Jan. 18, 2011 (Tuesday), 1-3:30PM
- Jan. 31, 2011 (Monday), 1-3:30PM
- Norris Medical Library Computer Classroom (NML 2nd floor, Room 204)