To facilitate USC researchers' access to our licensed bioinformatics tools and also address the growing computational needs for high-throughput 'omics data analysis, the Norris Medical Library has purchased three high-powered computers (two workstations and one desktop PC) for the free use of all USC users.
Equipped with fast CPUs, ample memory and hard disk space, the computers are pre-installed with a core set of bioinformatics tools (some on Linux OS) and fully configured for statistical and functional analysis of various 'omics data. The computers are in the Norris Medical Library's Bioinformatics Computation and Consulting Center, on the second floor of the library, Room 203-B.
- Only USC faculty, staff, students and authorized USC-affiliated researchers are authorized for accessing the computers.
- The computers are accessible between 8:30 am and 5:30 pm on weekdays. Note that some data analysis could be carried out remotely.
- Accessing the computers in evenings and weekends during the library operating hours can be arranged, please contact us.
- To ensure the access of the computers AND the USC licensed bioinformatics software, users should make advance reservations whenever possible.
- While walk-in use of the computers is permitted, users who have made advanced reservations will have the priority over those without the reservations.
- The computers are for research purposes only. General email checking and web surfing are not allowed.
- Violations of the user policies will result in suspension or permanent loss of access privileges.
- Users can check availability and make reservations using the form below.
- A valid USC NetID and password is required for making reservations.
* USC NetID: everything before the "@usc.edu"; password: the same for accessing usc.edu email accounts
- If you are a first time user of any of the NML Bioinformatics Services, you may be unable to log in, in which case, please contact us.
- If you are a USC affiliate and do not have a USC NetID, please complete this form to obtain a USC NetID.
- Reservations can be made up to two weeks in advance. Unrealizable reservations should be canceled as soon as possible.
- The maximum duration for a single session is 4 hours between 8:30 am and 5:30 pm on weekdays. Any exceptions require special permission (contact us).
- Reserved computers will be held up to 15 minutes, after which they will be re-assigned to other users on first-come-first-serve basis.
- If you plan to use Partek Genomic Suite, you must reserve the software access (any one of the two available license seats) at the same time when you reserve a computer.