To facilitate USC researchers' access to our licensed bioinformatics tools and also address the growing computational needs for high-throughput 'omics data analysis, the Norris Medical Library has purchased five high-powered computers (four workstations and one desktop PC) for the free use of all USC users.
Equipped with fast CPUs, ample memory and hard disk space, the computers are pre-installed with a core set of bioinformatics tools (some on Linux OS) and fully configured for statistical and functional analysis of various 'omics data. The computers are in the Norris Medical Library's Bioinformatics Computation and Consulting Center, on the second floor of the library, Room 203-B.
- Only USC faculty, staff, students and authorized USC-affiliated researchers are authorized for accessing the computers.
- The computers are accessible between 8:30 am and 5:30 pm on weekdays. Note that some data analysis could be carried out remotely.
- While walk-in use of the computers is permitted, users who have made advanced reservations will have the priority over those without the reservations. To make reservations, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The computers are for research purposes only. General email checking and web surfing are not allowed.
- Violations of the user policies will result in suspension or permanent loss of access privileges.